Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Now for Six months of WInter....


Well, I never did get back to my China postings, but I do have a hand written journal full of memories. Other than the usual lame excuse that life just got too busy to post when we returned, the truth is avoided posting. The last half of our trip was very difficult. LIam broke his arm, work and living conditions turned out to be very diffrent than what we had been led to believe they would be, and home sickness came inwaves through the whole camp. We still learned so much and appreciate the experience, but I just can't go beyond that for an explanation for now...

We are settled back into our home educating routine as the winter settles in , and I am looking forward to a quiet few months with Ethna and Liam at home. Mason has moved out on his own at the age of 17, and is finding himself and his path...PArker decided to try out Highschool this year, and so enrolled in Grade nine at MArion Graham Colliegiate. He is making a good transition, made some new friends and joined the wrestling team. It is good to see him choose something to get involved in again. PArker had taken a break from all things sports after quitting his competitive Gymnastics training last year...

So this year I am back down to two chidlren homeschooling, but the last time I was here there were toddlers ripping around under my feet. A very different dynamic, but we are enjoying eachother and I am enjoying the opportunity to really focus on what the boys love... art, guitar and drumming is the flavour of this year, lessons and practice. I love having music in the house. I sooo miss Mason just sitting at the piano and belting out his latest inventions...


Brad is now in his busiest time of year at work...60 hour weeks! And he will be travelling again next week. Good thing he loves his job :) Itis a good thing that I did not take on any birth clients for this month, just my prenatal classes to teach.


We have closed down all but one of the beds in our care-home. Our last residient plans tomove back out on her ownin February. I am so proud of her and all the women who have come through my home over the past 12 years. I am feeling called to finally make the shift and commitment over to the birthing field. It feels so weird to see what began as an interest, and hobby even to become a full time endeavor. It has been quite intimidating to make the jump; to embrace that yes, this is a way I can help others and feed my family! Wow, I have been able to embrace that birth support services are worthy of a good wage. I have been blessed at every step ofthe way, and look forward to continuing...


In the new year I have plans to lease an office and studio space for Birth Rhythms. I am hoping to be in the same building as the midwives. For now my energy is focused on raising up more great doulas for Saskatoon. My current class has 12 amazing women in it. I love them all and I can see how they will each bring somethng special toour birth community.


Well, off to make teas and rouse the boys. The sun is about to showitself, so we had better get on with the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment