Friday, July 30, 2010

July Update.

Well , we finally have a little summer weather and it makes me smile. I have attended three births so far, and we had a new resident move into our home July 1st.  July also brought Mason home to stay for a little while along with the news that he and his girlfriend will be blessing our family with a grandchild in early 2011!  The ultrasound pic is on the fridge and I love to see how Kat's belly is starting to round out with the signs of life.

Brad, Ethan and Liam spent last weekend out in Indian Head at the grand re-opening of the Bell Barn.  Having grown up in the area Brad was excited to get out there and see it along with a number of people he hasn't seen in a long time. His sisters were also out for the occasion and a great weekend was had by all. The opening was a big success; my father in law, Stew Wass was a part of the planning committee.

 Parker is off camping and fishing up north of Laronge for 2 weeks with the Toovey's and Brad has the last week of July and the First week of August off of work.  I heard a rumour that there is free salsa dance lessons at the River Landing on Thursday nights....perhaps I can convince him.

Our house needed some reno completion as we moved our carehome upstairs and all the boys downstairs a couple months back.  We promised the girls they would not have to sleep in pirate ship  and space rooms for too long.  So now we have 2 of three of the upstairs bedroom completed.  One of them is our guest room, and back up birth suite for the midwives.

Next project is Parker's room in the basement while he is away.  *Note to self : When telling a 14 year old we can paint his room any colour he wants, remind him that black is NOT a colour. *  So black and grey it is! I am planning a little red highlighting, but i have to sneak it in.

In the midst of all the hustle this summer, my front yard is a wash.  I have lost the 3 year battle to the maple seedlings that hitch hiked in my mulch.  That and the fact that more than half my hostas and all my lily and columbines were wiped out by our wacky spring, my yard looks like a back alley.I am sure my neighbours LOVE me for this.  I had every intention of weeding today...BUT I am not in charge of the rain.

Ethan and Liam enjoyed a July staycation as one of their best friends, Jordon, came to Saskatoon to visit for two weeks.  Staying at his grandmother's house a block away, he made daily visits....It was great to have him over so often.  He is one of those friends that just fits like a glove. He could be family.

As you may have seen on Face Book, my mom and I , along with the two women in my carehome are all on a  28 day raw food cleanse.  Day 5 was terrific.  The recipes have been yummy. I can't say that I haven't had cravings for cooked food. I have. Crazy ones yesterday at the asian market when someone delivered food.  It wafted through the whole store and i would have chucked anything deep fried into my mouth in that moment..  My mom and the gals have each lost 4-5 lbs this week. Me..about 8 oz. but I have very little to lose. This is about toning, strengthing and re-focusing for me.  I have been loving the increase in daily excercise as well.

A part of my re-focusing this month and becoming a little more natural  was the decision to stop dying my hair.  Say goodbye to the red folks!  I am cutting it all off and growing it back out in the near future...I haven't seen it for 16 years.  Wonder what colour it is?  I will post photos as we go.

Mason had a biking accident this past week. Let's just say the pot-hole won. Mason ended up with a disocated shoulder & collar bone, hair-line fractures in the hand and wrist and a bruised head, ribs and ego.  He has been making the trip to visit Kat at her mother's home either by bike or roller blades.  That is about 15 km one way. Good on him for the stamina! I hope he keeps it up once he gets back to work next week.  His full time baker's postion at Tim Horton's starts on Wed.

And how do I find the time to post ?  Well , the boys and Brad are out helping my dad set up the D.J. equipment for a wedding tonight.  My cousin, Krystle Grenier will be married tommorrow. We are all looking forward to spending the day with family.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa, I had to smile at Parker's choice of "colour" for his room. I do recall my Grade 11 or 12 Physics class taught that black is the absense of colour and white is the combination of all colour (at least when it comes to light - Additive Color Theory). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not a true redhead!! *Gasp* You'll always be as feisty as a real redhead :) But I'm looking forward to seeing the "new you"!!

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete