Saturday, July 4, 2009

Welcome to our China adventure

3 sleeps before I head off to China for a month with my four sons. We are looking forward to a month of cultural immersion and adventure. When June began I thought our summer would be a quiet one; a stay-cation of sorts; with frequent walks with the dog and visiting with friends in our back yard, but this opportunity was just to juicy to pass up.

We will be touring and then taking part in a cultural exchange camp for two weeks. I will have the opportunity to teach, but I think I will be doing far more learning. I have always regretted the chances I missed to travel when I was younger. Now, to experience China with my sons is just so exciting. They are going to get so much out of this experience. My hope is that they come home with a deeper sense of themselves and the wonderful diversity of the world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment